Thursday, May 21, 2009

My Etsy Shop

I started a little shop on Etsy in the summer of 2008. The shop really wasn't for me, it was more for my mom. She just LOVES to knit toys, and spends hours crafting the cutest little lovely stuffed plushies. She would sell her toys at a local craft fair to earn money to donate to a favorite charity.

I helped her out at a fair one summer day, and was shocked at the prices she was putting on her little friends--basically, she was charging people for the yarn and stuffing. A real crime, considering the hours of labor that went into each little plushie. The day of the fair was unbearably hot and humid, and by the time it was over, we were completely wiped out. And for all that work, she had probaby cleared $50.

I had been trolling around Etsy for a while then, and I talked mom into opening a little shop to sell her toys. Peanut and Tommy was born! We had so much fun getting the shop set up that I started making things to sell--knitted and crocheted toys, scarves, you name it. Most of our items are one of a kind, and you never know what we'll come up with next!

The name of our shop comes from a series of stories my dad created when my brothers and I were little. Peanut and Tommy were two little boys who had a lot of adventures and a lot of fun. Mom is thrilled that the shop honors my dad, who was always so supportive of mom and the toys she knits.

No comments:

Post a Comment