Thursday, June 25, 2009

My Latest Project--The Story of Me

I've been a scrapbooker for quite a while now. I've got a ton of albums packed full of stories about the kids, about our trips, about many of the adventures that go on in the life of our family. However, when you look though many of my albums, there is one person missing....me! Since I am usually the photographer as well as the historian, the stories are from my point of view, but rarely about ME.

So to challenge myself, I've just begun a new online scrapbooking class over at Big Picture Scrapbooking. The class is called "The Challenge of Me" and it's taught by veteran scrapbooker Lisa Day. The goal of the class is to create a scrapook about myself. The class began today, so I'm just getting started, but I'm really excited about the idea of featuring myself for a change.

My youngest daughter just graduated from high school; this fall both of our girls will be away at college. Taking this class is a way for me to close the book on the mom I've been for the last 20 years and open the book on this next stage of my life.

Stay tuned...I will post updates along the way!

2 comments:

  1. Hi!

    My name is Natalie and I'm taking the same BPS class. That's how I found your blog. But I'm so excited that I did because I LOVE to knit! I can't wait to look around and check out your special cyberspace! I so love your mantra "it's only string." What a great saying to keep things in perspective. I'm working on my most challenging project right now: a dress for my almost 4 year old. It's a winter dress...I've given myself lots of time. Anyway...can't wait to get to "know" you a little better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HI Natalie! I'm really excited about this class, and it's great knowing there's another knitter in the bunch!

    ReplyDelete